Andrew Gross is an attorney with the Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm. Andrew specializes in medical malpractice cases, nursing home abuse and neglect cases, civil rights actions, and trucking and auto collision cases. Andrew is dedicated to assisting his clients navigate complex legal and medical issues.
Andrew is a 2013 graduate, magna cum laude, from the University of Minnesota School of Law. In law school, Andrew led Minnesota’s Jessup International Moot Court team to the international competition rounds. Andrew remains active with Minnesota’s Jessup team. After graduating from law school, Andrew clerked with the Honorable John B. Van de North, Jr., where he participated in numerous personal injury jury trials and was actively involved in handling clergy sex abuse cases.
Andrew is licensed to practice law in Minnesota as well as the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. He is a member of the Minnesota Association of Justice (formerly known as the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association), the American Association of Justice (AAJ, formerly known at the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), and the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America.
University of Minnesota, School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor, May 2013
- Honors: Magna cum laude, Dean’s List, Jessup Moot Court Competition Team.
The College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Theory
- Honors Senior Thesis
Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm
- Associate Attorney, March 2015 – present
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable John B. Van de North, Jr.,
- Second Judicial District of Minnesota 2013 – 2015.
- Worked on wide variety of civil cases including: personal injury (e.g. car accidents, Child Victims Act, premises liability), employment (e.g. restrictive covenants, MGDPA, defamation, harassment, discrimination), construction defects, insurance coverage and indemnification, condemnation proceedings, landlord/tenant disputes.
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
- Law Clerk, September 2012 – April 2013
- Worked to ensure that government entities and regulated parties complied with their legal requirements owed to the people of Minnesota.
University of Minnesota Land Use Clinic
- Student Director 2013 – 2014
- Assisted townships and counties protect their environmental resources from large mining corporations.
Institution on Race and Poverty
- Research Assistant/Law Clerk, Summer 2012
- Worked to enforce Fair Housing Laws in Minnesota.
- “Nursing Home Failure of Care Litigation,” WEBINAR, National Business Institute (February 2, 2016).
- “Using Financial Records To Prove Nursing Home Corporate Negligence And The Federal Quality Assurance Privilege: Extendicare Inc. v. Hon. William Clouse,” WEBINAR, Kentucky Association for Justice (April 14, 2016).
- “Cost Reports: Follow the Money to Establish Corporate Liability,” (co-author with Mark R. Kosieradzki), submitted to 2015 Nursing Home Boot Camp (June 11, 2015)