Golden Horizons Assisted Living is a care facility located in Aitkin county, Minnesota. Since 2014, the facility has had 5 different substantiated claims of either abuse or neglect of their residents.
- In July 2018, an investigation was started and concluded that one of the employees of the facility had been taking a patient’s medication for their own recreational use.
- In May 2018 an investigation concluded that a diabetic patient had been neglected leading to the patient slipping into a diabetic coma that resulted in hospitalization.
- In October 2016, investigators concluded that a client had fallen three times in a month. The facility failed to make corrective measures to ensure the safety of the resident.
- In October 2014, a client suffering with dementia displayed aggressive and violent behaviors towards other resident of the facility. A client in a neighboring room expressed to facility caretakers that he or she did not feel safe. However, there was no corrective action taken and the first client attacked the other leading to injuries on his or her face.
- Also in October of 2014, the Minnesota Department of Health’s investigation concluded that a caretaker at the facility physically abused two different residents. One while forcefully placing the resident’s hands on walker and another resident was kicked on the ankle and pushed into a wheelchair.
Abuse and neglect of the elderly and vulnerable is very real and very serious. The nursing home abuse lawyers at Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm have years of experience litigating serious care facility injury cases. If you are concerned that your loved one is being treated poorly in a care facility, contact the Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm today.