On May 23, 2013, we reported in our blog that Crest View Lutheran Home — a 122-bed nursing home — had received a rating of “below average” in its Overall and Quality Measure ratings, as well as “much below average” for its Health Inspection rating, according to Medicare’s annual 2012 report.
Based on Medicare’s 2014 report, Crest View is still is rated as “below average” in its Overall Rating and “below average” in its Health Inspection.
Crest View Lutheran Home’s repeated deficiencies include its:
- Failure to hire only people with no legal history of abusing, neglecting or mistreating residents, or to report and investigate any acts of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of residents;
- Failure to develop policies that prevent mistreatment, neglect, or abuse of residents or theft of resident property;
Crest View Lutheran Home also received an additional deficiencies for its:
- Failure to provide care by qualified persons according to each resident’s written plan of care.
- Failure to assist those residents who need total help with eating/drinking, grooming and personal and oral hygiene.
- Failure to have enough nurses to care for every resident in a way that maximizes the resident’s well being.
- Failure to provide or obtain dental services for each resident.
- Failure to review or revise the resident’s care plan after any major change in a resident’s physical or mental health.
- Failure to make sure that each resident’s drug regimen is free from unnecessary drugs; Failure to ensure that each resident’s entire drug/medication is managed and monitored to achieve highest well being.
- Failure to maintain drug records and properly mark/label drugs and other similar products according to accepted professional standards.
- Failure to provide quality housekeeping and maintenance services.
- Failure to ensure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks, and failure to provide supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action today and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.