This 90-bed nursing home received a “below average” for its Overall rating, according to Medicare’s annual 2012 inspection. Additionally, the facility received a “much below average” for its Health Inspections rating. Compared to the average number of health deficiencies for Minnesota nursing homes (6.7), this facility was cited with 10 health deficiencies. These include Gracepointe Crossing Gables East’s:
- Failure to hire only people with no legal history of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating residents, or report and investigate any acts or reports of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of residents;
- Failure to develop and implement policies for screening and training employees, and the prevention, identification, investigation, and reporting of any abuse, neglect, mistreatment and misappropriation of property;
- Failure to provide necessary care and services to maintain or improve the highest well being of each resident;
- Failure to give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing sores;
- Failure to give residents a notice of rights, rules, services, and charges;
- Failure to provide care for residents in a way that maintains or improves their dignity and respect in full recognition of their individuality; and
- Failure to ensure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards, and provide adequate supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
Additionally, Medicare identified 10 instances of complaints related to the above health deficiencies.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.