This 77-bed nursing home as received a “below average” for its Overall rating, according to Medicare’s 2012 annual report on nursing home facilities. Additionally, it received a “much below average” for its Health Inspections rating. Talahi Care Center was cited with 8 health deficiencies, including the facility’s:
- Failure to provide care by qualified persons according to each resident’s written plan of care;
- Failure to ensure that residents with limited range of motion receive appropriate treatment and services to increase range of motion or prevent further decrease in range of motion;
- Failure to coordinate assessments with the pre-admission screening and resident review program for mentally-ill and mentally-challenged patients;
- Failure to store, cook, and serve food in a safe and clean way; and
- Failure to ensure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and provide adequate supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
Additionally, Medicare validated a complaint wherein the facility failed to provide necessary care and services to maintain or improve the highest well being of each resident.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.