This 17-bed facility received a “below average” for its Overall rating, according to Medicare’s 2013 report. The facility also received a “much below average” for both its Health Inspection and Staffing ratings. Additionally, the facility was cited with several health deficiencies, including Southside Care Center’s:
- Failure to develop a complete care plan that meets all the resident’s needs, with timetables and actions that can be measured;
- Failure to store, cook, and serve food in a safe and clean way;
- Failure to maintain drug records and properly mark and label drugs and other similar products according to accepted professional standards;
The government also found that the nursing home:
- Failed to develop policies for screening and training employees; and
- Failed to develop policies for preventing, identifying, investigating, and reporting any act of abuse, neglect, mistreatment, and mishandling of property.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.