Shirley Chapman Sholom Home East
Shirley Chapman Sholom Home East is a 92-bed nursing home with an Overall rating of “below average” and a Health Inspection rating of “much below average,” according to Medicare’s annual 2012 inspection. Between June 2010 and March 2012, Medicare has identified 31 health deficiencies. These deficiencies include Shirley Chapman Sholom Home East’s:
- Failure to hire only people with no legal history of abusing, neglecting or mistreating residents, and its failure to report and investigate any acts or reports of abuse, neglect or mistreatment of its residents;
- Failure to develop policies that prevent mistreatment, neglect, or abuse of residents or theft of resident property;
- Failure to maintain drug records and properly labeled drugs according to accepted professional standards;
- Failure to ensure that residents are given proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bed sores;
- Failure to ensure that residents with reduced range of motion get proper treatment and services to increase range of motion;
- Failure to conduct initial and periodic assessments of each resident’s functional capacity;
- Failure to have a licensed pharmacist review each resident’s medications on a monthly basis and to report irregularities to the attending doctor;
- Failure to provide care by qualified persons according to each resident’s written plan of care; and
- Failure to ensure that each resident who enters the nursing home without a catheter is not given a catheter, and receive proper services to prevent urinary tract infections and restore normal bladder function.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.Failure to provide housekeeping and maintenance services.