Robbinsdale Rehab & Care Center
This 75-bed nursing home has received a “much below average” rating for both its Overall and Health Inspection ratings, according to Medicare’s annual 2012 report. Compared to the average number of health deficiencies in Minnesota (6.8), the government has identified 12 deficiencies in this facility. These deficiencies include Robbinsdale Rehab & Care Center’s:
- Failure to provide care by qualified persons according to each resident’s written plan of care;
- Failure to assist those residents who need total help with eating, drinking, grooming, and personal and oral hygiene;
- Failure to give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bedsores;
- Failure to help and prepare each resident for a safe and easy discharge and transfer from the nursing home;
- Failure to ensure that each resident’s drug regimen is free from unnecessary drugs, and that each resident’s entire medication regimen is managed and monitored to achieve the highest well being;
- Failure to ensure monthly medication review by a licensed pharmacist, and failure to ensure a report of any medication irregularities by a pharmacist to an attending doctor;
- Failure to maintain drug records and properly labeled drugs according to accepted professional standards; and
- Failure to ensure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks and adequate supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
In the two prior inspections, Robbinsdale Rehab & Care Center received 15 deficiencies in 2011 and 13 deficiencies in 2010.
In addition, Medicare has identified a number of complaints and incidents associated with the Robbinsdale Rehab & Care Center in its 2012 report, including the following complaints and incidents:
- Failure to provide necessary care and services to maintain the highest well being of each resident; and
- Make sure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks and provides supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.Failure to provide housekeeping and maintenance services.