Richfield Care Center
This 118-bed nursing home has received a “below average” rating for both its Overall and Health Inspection ratings, according to Medicare’s annual 2012 inspection. Medicare has identified 6 health deficiencies in Richfield Care Center’s November 2012 inspection. Additionally, in the January 2012 inspection, Medicare found 8 deficiencies in the facility, and in March 2011, the government found 13 deficiencies. Between March 2011 and November 2012, these deficiencies include Richfield Care Center’s:
- Failure to keep each resident free from physical restraints, unless needed for medical treatment;
- Failure to make sure that doctors visit residents regularly, as required;
- Failure to provide care for residents in a way that keeps or builds resident’s dignity and respect of individuality;
- Failure to ensure that each resident’s drug regiment is free from unnecessary drugs, and that each resident’s entire medication regiment is being managed and monitored;
- Failure to ensure monthly medication review by a licensed pharmacist, and failure to ensure a report of any medication irregularities by a pharmacist to an attending doctor;
- Failure to ensure that each resident who enters the nursing home without a catheter is not given a catheter, and that each resident receives proper services to prevent urinary tract infections and restore normal bladder function;
- Failure to ensure that residents with reduced range of motion get proper treatment and services to increase range of motion;
- Failure to develop policies and procedures for influenza and pneumococcal immunizations, and failure to have a program that investigates, controls, and prevents infection from spreading;
- Failure to determine if it safe for the resident to self-administer drugs; and
- Failure to hire only people with no legal history of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating residents, or failure to report and investigate any acts or reports of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of residents.
The Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm represents clients in cases involving catastrophic injury caused by nursing homes and other care facilities that fail to provide proper care. If you believe your loved one has been harmed due to a nursing home’s failures, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.Failure to provide housekeeping and maintenance services.