Thanks to a recent Star Tribune report, we have new nursing home violation statistics that prove we still have a problem in many of our local facilities. Crystal Care Center was listed by reporter Jane Friedmann as one of the 10 most-cited homes between June 1, 2009 and Aug. 31, 2012.
Crystal Care Center committed 62 violations during that 15-month period, including the following (as reported by the Star Tribune):
- Failure to ensure a grab-bar met requirements
- Failure to develop care plans for all residents
- Failure to take an incontinent resident to the toilet on schedule
- Failure to provide proper bed-sore treatment
- Failure to date-mark opened medication and food
- Failure to keep emergency call lights in working order
Crystal Care Center has 130 Medicare-certified beds and is operated by Volunteers of America. The facility received an Overall Star Rating of only 2 out of 5 stars, and only 1 of 5 stars for its Health Inspection Rating.
Click here for more details about the Crystal Care Center.
If you believe your loved one has been seriously injured because due to a nursing home’s violation, take action and contact the Kosieradzki • Smith Law Firm online or call us toll-free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a no-cost consultation.