Robbinsdale Rehabilitation and Care is a 123-bed nursing home in Robbinsdale, MN owned and operated by the Extendicare corporation. Like all nursing homes that participate in the Medicare/Medicaid program, Robbinsdale Rehabilitation and Care is required to be in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Allegations of abuse or neglect in violation of these regulations are investigated by the Minnesota Department of Health. The findings of these investigations are part of the public record and are available for free on the internet. Click here to visit the investigation search page on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Links to recent investigative findings for Extendicare’s Robbinsdale Rehabilitation and Care
- A resident was sexually abused during bathing and perineal care. Click here to view the investigative report (contains graphic language).
- A resident received a laceration and a hematoma when her leg was bumped against her wheelchair during a transfer. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident was never given a prescribed antibiotic, resulting in “life-threatening” cellulitis. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident had three pressure sores on his buttocks that extended to the bone. He also had a urinary tract infection and mild sepsis. The shaft of his penis was swollen and the tip was missing due to an improperly installed catheter. Click here to view the investigative report.
- The facility failed to regularly change the dressings on a resident’s wounds. Also, the facility refused to give him Immodium when he reported having loose stools. He lost ten pounds between Feb. 1 and Feb. 13. Click here to view the investigative report.
- The department of health investigated the allegation that on at least five occasions, the facility failed to assist a resident when he used his call light. He also developed a pressure sore on his inner thigh, where he does not have a history of developing pressure sores. Click here to view the investigative report.
- An employee threw water in a resident’s face, cursed at her, and poked her in the forehead. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident caught fire and suffered burns to her face when she was left unsupervised and went to smoke while wearing an oxygen tube. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident was observed to have several deep scratches on her shin that had become infected. The facility should have noted this because she has a cream applied to her legs daily. Click here to view the investigative report.
If you believe that a loved one has suffered abuse or neglect at the Extendicare corporation’s Robbinsdale Rehabilitation and Care nursing home, take action now and contact the Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm online or call us toll free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a FREE CONSULTATION.