Benedictine Health Center is a 120-bed nursing home in Duluth, MN owned and operated by the Benedictine Health System organization. Like all nursing homes that participate in the Medicare/Medicaid program, Benedictine Health Center. is required to be in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Allegations of abuse or neglect in violation of these regulations are investigated by the Minnesota Department of Health. The findings of these investigations are part of the public record and are available for free on the internet.
Links to recent investigative findings for the Benedictine Health Center
- A resident suffered second degree burns when her leg came into contact with a malfunctioning heat register. Click here to view the investigative report.
- The department of health investigated the allegation that a resident was neglected. The resident had been lying on his left hand, which had 14 clear, fluid-filled blisters on it and he had not been repositioned for four hours. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident suffered a seizure after the nursing home failed to administer his seizure medication one day. The department of health investigated the allegation that this medication error caused the seizure. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A resident’s feeding tube was mistakenly set to deliver liquid feeding at 400 cc’s per hour rather than the prescribed 65 cc’s per hour. The resident developed aspirational pneumonia after aspirating the liquid feeding. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A staff member roughly grabbed a resident’s arm and hand during care and bruised it. Also, the staff member attempted a transfer alone when the resident’s care plan calls for two-staff transfers. During the transfer, the resident fell forward and hit her head, causing several bruises, a laceration, and a cut inside her lip. Click here to view the investigative report.
- A staff member slapped a resident. Click here to view the investigative report.
If you believe that a loved one has suffered abuse or neglect at the Benedictine Health System organization’s Benedictine Health Center, take action and contact the Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm online or call us toll free at (877) 552-2873 to set up a FREE CONSULTATION.