6/15/11 – As today marks the fifth annual World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, we at Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm remember that it’s an honor to fight for the dignity, health, and wellbeing of our elders. While we see cases of elder abuse every day, we appreciate the increasing global awareness through days like today.
Most importantly, remember the warning signs for elder abuse:
- Injuries that require emergency treatment or hospitalization
- Bed sores (pressure sores, decubitus ulcers)
- Open wounds
- Cuts, bruises or welts
- Unusual and unexplained bruises
- Significant weight loss or broken bones
- Unusual and unexplained lethargy or sedation
- Significant changes in medication
- Urine and fecal odors
- Poor personal hygiene
- Unexplained or unexpected death
- Illnesses or condition changes that are not promptly reported to the physician and family
- Hesitation to talk openly
If you believe that a loved one has suffered abuse at a nursing home or other care facility that promise to care for vulnerable adults, take action now and contact the Kosieradzki Smith Law Firm online or call us toll free at (877) 552 2873 to set up a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.